The European Demolition Association, EDA, and the Industry Association for Building Preparation of Sweden, BFB, organizes a workshop about demolition & decontamination on September 28 in Stockholm, Sweden.
This activity took place in the frame of the trade fair DEMCON 2018, that was celebrated on September 27-28 in the Scandic Infra City of the Scandinavian Country.
The schedule of the event was from 10:30 to 12:00 h, on Friday 28th.
The registration in DEMCON 2018 was free and the workshop was open to all visitors that wanted to know about the current trends of the demolition industry in the Nordic countries and Europe, as well as to participate in the debate lead by the international panelists.
General themes for the debate:
- How are the demolition and decontamination activities changing the industry?
- How are legal requirements changing the way in which demolition is done?
- How are business models changing for demolition and waste management activities?
Best moments of the DEMCON 2018
Friday 28th of September
- 10:30 h: Welcome by Lars Sandström, BFB – Secretary-General
- 10:40 h: New EU C&D waste management Protocol and the specific legislation in Sweden about hazardous waste – Marianne Hedberg, Swedish Construction Federation (BI) – Expert environmental Issues.
- 11:10 h: An overall vision of the European trends – Jose Blanco, EDA – Secretary-General
- 11:30 h: Round table and debate. Panelists:
-Nikolas Ruotsalainen – DELETE GROUP OY – International Trade Manager
-Svend M. Andersen – ANDERSEN CONTRACTOR AB – CEO
-Igor Kecskés-Maconkai, BFB Board member
-Marianne Hedberg – BI – Expert environmental Issues
-Jose Blanco – EDA – Secretary-General
- 12:00 h: Closing remarks by Igor Kecskés-Maconkai, BFB and EDA Board member
If this event was interesting for you, we kindly invite you to participate in EDA