In the year 2010, the European Demolition Association published the EDA High Reach Guidelines in 8 languages, and since then it has been translated into even more languages.
Such guidelines emerged from the need for a reference document for high-reach demolition projects, suitable equipment and best operating techniques.
In this respect, this document aimed to catalogue the best operational techniques which had been gathered by the primary European firms through years of experience in the field and make them available for those operators in the sector who intended to use this type of excavator.
Thus, this document provides a comprehensive overview of high range demolition and outlines appropriate demolition techniques and methods for construction contractors.
On this page, you can find the most important contents of the guide:
- What is high reach demolition?
- What machines are used for high reach demolition operations and what are their special characteristics?
- What attachments can be used with high reach demolition machines?
Planning the high reach operation
- How should it be determined the necessity of using high reach demolition methods and equipment?
- What information is needed to plan a high reach demolition operation?
- What criteria should be followed when designing the operation?
- How should the job site and operation areas be organized?
Working with high reach equipment
- What good operative procedures should be followed?
- What are the site requirements that must be met to work with high reach equipment?
- What safety controls should be carried out on demolition high reach equipment?
- How high reach demolition equipment should be stowed?
Training of personnel
Access the full document here: