Construction stakeholders call upon the European Commission to strengthen the current construction policy context by creating a new vision for the built environment: “Construction 2050: Building tomorrow’s Europe today”. Building upon the results of the current Construction 2020 initiative, the new framework should be based on the following principles:
- A specific targeted approach to construction because the sector is at the crossroads of different value chains and its unique nature requires a unique approach
- An adaptable policy framework to address the evolving construction ecosystem and the transformation of the industry
- A holistic approach towards policy making in order to implement coherent and balanced policies and legislation
- A strong partnership between the European institutions, the Member States and construction social partners and stakeholders to steer the transformation of the sector with the most adequate policies and tools.
- A new construction policy framework
- Looking ahead towards 2050
- The main challenges for the construction ecosystem
- How to address construction challenges?