Demolition, decontamination, and recycling have become trending issues for the European Commission and all the related stakeholders since they represent an integral part of the Circular Economy.
Legislation changes and new challenges are just about to arrive. So, it’s better to be prepared.
That’s why EDA, in partnership with EDI, is organizing the DDR Forum & Expo 2017, the first and unique European trade fair specialized in demolition, decontamination, and recycling.
This is the event where all the professionals of these activities could meet, discover the news and exchange knowledge.
Best Moments of DDR Forum & Expo 2017
Consult the conference book of the DDR Forum & Expo:
This publication contains the presentations given during the event
Download the Program of DDR Forum & Expo 2017 in your language
DDR Forum & Expo 2017 had two different conference spaces: a plenary room and a work area, where presentations were held from 9:00 to 18:00 on Wednesday 14 June and Thursday 15 June, and from 9:00 to 13:00 on Friday 16 June.
Throughout this time, the exhibition area was open with the aim of showing the latest developments in machinery and equipment for these sectors, as well as to facilitate contracts between all attendees.
Some of the topics were:
- Decontamination of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs).
- Demolition of damaged buildings and infrastructure.
- Development of the Circular Economy in Europe.
In addition, other topics of reference in these areas were touched upon through collaborating institutions:
- Metal Recycling: Trends and Business Opportunities (by Metals for Building).
- Recycling of construction and demolition waste (by the FIR).
Finally, on the last day, the conference program focused on the European Commission directives, with the presentation of the Waste Management Protocol (CD Waste) and the update of the Waste Framework.
Wednesday, 14th June
09:30 – Official Opening and presentation of the EDA Industry report
10:30 – Recycling metals: trends and business opportunities
- End of life of metals
- Round table with experts
10:30 – Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS)
- Impact of the new limit values on construction and demolition
- How to implement the new health and safety requirements
11:30 – Decontamination of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs)
- Case study about PCB
- Round table about H&S aspects
11:30 – Recycling glass: developing new business models
- Case study about flat glass
- Fostering innovation and business opportunities for demolition contractors
13:30 – Digitalization and BIM applied to construction materials
- From installation to end of life
- Modeling structures and buildings for demolition
14:00 – Urban and industrial demolition case studies – Best practices and challenges
14:30 – Concrete initiative workshop
- Cement, concrete, and aggregates
- Towards sustainable business models
15:00 – Disaster recovery and emergency response
- Case study
- Bringing the expertise from specialized contractors
15:30 – Recycling plastics
- Case study and panel session
16:00 – EDA General Assembly Plenary room
16:30 – Circular economy projects
- Flat to Flat project
- VEEP project
Thursday, 15th June
09:30 – Construction and demolition waste assessment
- Guidelines for the pre-demolition audit
- Identification, inventory, and reporting
10:30 – Hazardous waste and carcinogens in C&D
- What is found today at work
- Case study about lead
11:30 – Recycling construction and demolition waste and resources
- Developing best practices
- Green procurement approach
13:00 – Equipment innovation conference, presented by Caterpillar
14:30 – Recycling concrete: a circular economy model
- Best practices
- Innovation and initiatives of the stakeholders
15:00 – Soil remediation
- Case study about contaminated soils with hazardous chemicals
15:30 – Recycling aggregates
- Case study: Best practices and tips for business opportunities
16:00 – Standards and best practices for demolition
- The United Kingdom and the Netherlands Demolition Code
- German VDI Guidelines
16:30 – Circular economy projects
- GtoT project – HISER project
Friday, 16th June
10:00 – The construction and demolition waste management protocol, prepared by the EU Commission
10:00 – Attracting workers to the sector
- Initiatives of the industry
- Best practices of member states and trade associations
11:00 – Developing new business models
11:00 – Developing a Circular Economy in Europe
- The approach of the European Union
- Challenges and opportunities for construction and demolition activities
12:00 – Update of the Waste Framework Directive
- What to expect regarding backfilling and landfilling
- New waste flows (hazardous and non-hazardous)
13:00 – Official closure of the conference program
If this event was interesting for you, we kindly invite you to participate in EDA