The European Demolition Association, EDA, organized a new Study Tour, a professional trip to discover the state of art of the Japanese demolition industry, the disaster response strategies and the circular economy methodologies implemented for demolition and recycling in Japan.
The EDA Study Tour 2019 started and ended in Tokyo, from May 19 (Sunday) to 24 (Friday), and included the travel to several cities and locations, to visit (throughout Japan) factories, job sites, equipment demos and other relevant experiences for demolition professionals.
In addition, on May 20, it took place the General Assembly of EDA and the trip ended with a conference on Friday afternoon, to meet the Japan Demolition Contractors Association (JDCA) in the Europa House (Delegation of the European Union to Japan).
Conference book of EDA Study Tour 2019
This publication contains of the presentations given during the event
The EDA Study Tour 2019 was possible thanks to:
- Saturday 18th May
– Arrival at the room and Western buffet style dinner (included only with the leisure program)
- Sunday 19th May
– Western buffet style breakfast, dynamic Tokyo tour, Japanese-style barbecue lunch (Included only with the leisure program).
– Welcome dinner.
– Visit HITACHI facilities. Lunch and networking organized by our host
– NPK NIPPON’s presentation
– EDA General Assembly
- Tuesday 21th May – OKADA AIYON
– Visit OKADA AIYON facilities. Lunch and networking organized by our host
– Dinner hosted by KOBELCO, in Hiroshima.
– Visit KOBELCO facilities. Lunch and networking organized by our host.
–Visit KOMATSU facilities.
-Dinner hosted by CATERPILLAR, in Kobe.
- Thursday 23th May – CATERPILLAR
– Visit CATERPILLAR facilities.
- Friday 24th May – CATERPILLAR
-Visit one the demolition site in the old CATERPILLAR plant.
– Enabling Change and Circular Economy – International conference about demolition, decontamination and recycling (meeting of the JDCA and EDA, with EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation).
– EDA Farewell Dinner.
- Saturday 25th May
– End of the EDA Study Tour
EDA Study Tour was closed with a conference with the Japan Demolition Contractors Association (JDCA) and with the special collaboration of the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation on 24 May 2019 in Europa House (Delegation of the European Union to Japan).
The event consisted of two conference sessions that counted with the participation of delegates of EDA, JDCA, EU-Japan CIC, and the Japanese Government. They shared their knowledge and experience in order to boost professional ties with Public Japanese Institutions and Associations.
Conference book of Enabling change and circular economy
This publication contains of the presentations given during the conference
13:00 Registration and welcome reception
13:30 Conference opening
» Welcome and opening remarks – Mr. Philippe de Taxis du Poet (Minister Counsellor, Delegation of European Union to Japan and EU-side General Manager of the EU-Japan CIC)
» Welcome by Mr. Toshio Okazumi (Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport)
» Introduction by EDA President – Mr. Francisco Cobo
» Introduction by JDCA President – Mr. Tahashi Inoue
Conferences – session 1
» Overview of the demolition industry in Europe – Mr. José Blanco (EDA Secretary General)
» Separation and recycling in Japan – Mr. Fumio Koga (Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport)
» Disasters response programs and measures in Japan – Mr. Jyunko Nishikawa (Japanese Ministry of Environment)
Conferences – session 2
» Construction and Demolition Waste management in Europe – Mr. Johan D’Hooghe (Vice president, EDA International Committee)
» Methods of Demolition of High rise buildings – Mr. Toshio Kawakami (Kajami Corporation)
» Standards and regulation for DDR in Europe (HS, Codes, Accreditation…) – Mr. Patrick Frye (President, EDA International Committee)
Closing remarks by NDA (USA) – Mr. Christopher Godek, (President, National Demolition Association)
European drinks and networking
19:00 End of the conference