The National Federation of Demolition Contractors, NFDC, member of EDA, celebrated its Annual Meeting and Awards ceremony last 23 23rd of March in London, UK.
The new venue at the Rosewood Holborn proved a big hit, as this beautiful hotel played host to the event with delicious food, stunning surroundings and friendly, courteous staff.
Emma Samms representing Starlight was sincere and gracious in her presentation about Starlight, and both her and CEO Cathy Gilman were thrilled to be presented with a further cheque for £15,500 plus cash which was generously donated during the luncheon.
Jon Culshaw was an excellent compere – witty and professional he proved to be brilliant entertainment and was thoroughly enjoyed by all guests.
In the frame of the Annual Meeting, the ceremony of the NFDC Awards took place, where the winners were:
- Demolition Apprentice Award – Erith Contractors Ltd- Kevan Hall
- Demolition Operative Award – Connell Brothers Ltd – Terry Harman
- Demolition Plant Operator Award – Connell Brothers Ltd – Mick Murray
- Demolition Supervisor/Chargehand Award – Northeast Demolition UK Ltd – Danielle Harvey
- Demolition Manager Award – Hughes and Salvidge – Dan Byng
- ISP Innovation Award – Liebherr GB Ltd
- CHAS Health & Safety Award – SAFEDEM
- Demolition Man of the Year – Brian Carroll – Worsley Plant Ltd
Finally, NFDC has announced the dates of its Annual Convention 2018, which will be celebrate in September 21-24 in Lake Maggiore, Baveno, Italy.