ACI’s 7th Ship Recycling Congress will bring together senior executives and experts from ship owners, ship operator, shipyards, major associations, cash buyers, green owners, class societies, to discuss the latest changes, challenges, and developments within the industry.
The Congress, that will take place on 30th -31st January 2019, in Amsterdam, Netherlands, is supported by the European Demolition Association (EDA), among other entities.
The two-day event will give you an insight into the latest updates on the EU Regulation 1257/2013, sustainable ship recycling, IMO Hong Kong convention, the global market overview, the Inventory Hazardous Materials, RSRS, and many more.
The key topics 2019 will include:
- Evaluating the EU ship recycling regulation 1257/2013
- Assessing the IMO Hong Kong Convention
- Focusing on the global ship recycling market
- Sustainable ship recycling under the EU regulation
- Responsible Ship Recycling Standards “RSRS”
- Changing the mode of contracts’ negotiations
- Transitional measures for shipowners selling ships for recycling
- Launching the Ship Recycling Transparency Initiative (SRTI)
- Evaluating the sustainable financing of ship recycling
- Maintaining the inventory of hazardous materials
- Analyzing the safe and environmentally sound ship recycling