Given the current situation, created by the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), from EDA we are implementing a series of initiatives to continue with the dissemination of the activities and services developed by EDA members.
In this case, the initiative consists of launching a series of educational webinars on technical topics.
Webinars are short and educational sessions (about one hour) hosted online and broadcast live.
Using a specific platform, webinar participants can watch the presentation and follow the speaker’s explanations, as well as interact through a chat and ask their own questions.
Part 1: Presentation
- What is EDA?
- What is NDA?
- Why do we do this webinar?
Part 2: What can the experience of a demolition company bring to disaster management in collaboration with United Nations?
- What categories of disasters that determine local or a national response exist?
- What is the experience with United Nations Demolition Engineer for UNOPS?
- What expertise can the demolition community bring to the UN?
- What are some of the steps the industry can take to bring about awareness and what connections need to be made with the UN?
Part 3: What can a demolition company contribute to disaster management in EEUU? The NDA experience
- Why is it important to determine agencies and government contacts in charge of a potential disaster?
- What are the materials NDA developed and how can they be used?
- What are the lesson learned from the NDA (National Demolition Association’s) experience developing materials for companies and government end-users?
Part 4: What can a demolition company contribute to disaster management in other countries?
- How is the disaster management in Madrid and how can demolition companies contribute?
- Case storie 2021: Explosion in Toledo Street, Madri
- What is the experience in Latin America?
Part 5: Questions and comments from participants
Dates and timetable
Wednesday, May 19th.
The webinar will have the following timetable (all hours are Brussels time, Central European):
15:00 – Start of the webinar
16:00 – End of the webinar
Mr. David Sinclair, from SAFEDEM USA
Participation in this webinar is completely free for all attendees, they just need to register in advance.
WARNING! For security reasons, you must fill out the registration form and access the webinar from an updated browser. The platform does NOT work with Internet Explorer. You can access from any other browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari (on Mac and iOS devices).
For logistical reasons, the number of participants is limited by the platform itself. So, registrations will be accepted in strict order of entry until the technical capacity available is reached for each session.