The webinar “IAEA considerations on decommissioning of nuclear facilities” was held by EDA. It was given by Mr. Vladimir Michal, Decommissioning Team Leader, IAEA; and Ms. Kristina Gillin, Principal Consultant, Nuclear Waste and Decommissioning, Vysus Group.
In this webinar the speakers intend to highlight the IAEA perspectives on nuclear decommissioning, present technical aspects regarding activities on preparation and implementation of decommissioning, promote circular economy principles applied to nuclear decommissioning and present good practices in support of sustainable decommissioning.
+ info about the webinar
Part 1: Presentation
- What is EDA?
- What is IAEA?
- Why do we do this webinar?
Part 2: Decommissioning of nuclear facilities
- What nuclear facilities exist worldwide?
- Is the demand for nuclear decommissioning growing?
- What technical aspects regarding decontamination, decommissioning and demolition should we consider?
- What circular economy principles apply to nuclear decommissioning?
- What good practices should we advocate to promote sustainable decommissioning?
Part 3: Case studies from several Member States
Part 4: Conclusions – learning curve from non-nuclear industries
Mr. Vladimir Michal
Ms. Kristina Gillin
|Date||April 21, 2021|
|Video||Recording of the webinar|
|Format||On-line: The video is available at the bottom of this page for logged in users with valid access.|
|Conference book||Includes all the slides presented by the speakers|
|Format||On-line: The document is available at the bottom of this page for logged in users with valid access.|
The following contents can only be seen by logged in users with valid access.
If you are a registered user, login using your credentials for the EDA website:
Not registered yet? Everything starts here!